LANGUAGES•Fluent English and French•Intermediate Spanish
TRANSLATION & EDITING SKILLS
• Translated (English to French) important updates for a national non-profit organization’s bilingual website and the voice recording used on the company’s phone system.
• Proofread a French translation of company correspondence that would be transmitted to the French-speaking customers across the country
• Edited official York University documents translated into French
• Translated numerous specialized medical, environmental, governmental and political texts from French to English and vice-versa.
WRITTEN & ORAL COMMUNICATION SKILLS
• Researched possible recruitment techniques and prepared the subsequent written reports for the director of student recruitment at Glendon College, York University
• Managed a national non-profit organization’s central e-mail inbox, which involved responding to an average of 20-30 incoming e-mail inquiries a day from Francophone and Anglophone customers.
• Used clear and concise communication to help French- and English-speaking customers make on-line purchases and navigate the organization’s website
• Represented York University as a student ambassador at the Ontario Universities Fair, using people skills to answer students’ questions, engage their interest and highlight the school’s advantages
• Gave a speech, in French, to a group of 500 high school students, as well as Canada’s Commissioner of Official Languages
• Designed webpages using HTML and CSS
• Used Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Publisher to create some of the multimedia used in the recruitment of prospective students, including slide show presentations, booklets and brochures
• Entered and processed purchases using a database
• Assisted with the preparation of a non-profit organization’s most important annual event. Specific tasks included using the mail merge function of Excel and Word to compile the invite lists as well as contacting the invitees to remind them of the event and confirm their attendance
• Studied various information technology management systems.
TIME MANAGEMENT SKILLS
•Met tight project deadlines in a fast-paced call-centre environment without compromising on quality or efficiency
•Prioritized a list of daily tasks that included answering e-mails, greeting all visitors, processing debit and cash transactions in-person and transferring calls to the appropriate departments
•Student intern, Translation Bureau of Canada, January 2012-Present
•Bilingual Customer Service Representative, Insurance Institute of Canada, April 2010-Present
•Student Representative, York University, September 2008-Present
•Receptionist, Insurance Institute of Ontario, December 2010
•Translation, Specialized Honours Bachelor of Arts, Glendon College-York University, Toronto, 2008-Present
•Certificate in Technical and Professional Writing, Glendon College-York University, Toronto, 2008-Present
•Ontario Secondary School Diploma, Honours Bilingual Diploma, Pickering High School, Ajax, 2008
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.
Click here to edit the CV in PDF